About Black Swan Yoga Teacher Training
Black Swan Yoga is a 200hr and 300hr Registered Yoga School with the Yoga Alliance. We offer multiple schedules for our Yoga Teacher Trainings, so check out which format works best with your lifestyle! BSY’s Director of YTT, Madilyn McCarthy, E-RYT 500, P-RYT is the Lead Trainer for our programs and is joined by RYTs Felicia Vijitchanton, Patsy Springer, and Christine Anderson. YTT occurs at BSY Anderson at 1417 West Anderson Lane in Austin, Texas! Check out the training experience on Instagram at #BSYTT. Select the LEARN MORE button below for more information!
2018 Teacher Training Dates
- July 2 – 27, 2018 200hr YTT Intensive Monday-Friday 8am-6pm for 4 Weeks
- September 1 – November 4, 2018 200hr YTT Saturday & Sunday 8am-6pm for 10 Weekends
- April 2018 300hr Advanced Yoga Teacher Training BEGINS! 50hr Modules : Create Your Path!
Our 200hr Yoga Alliance Registered Training covers:
- Alignment, Sanskrit, physical benefits, and how to teach Hatha Yoga with an emphasis on Vinyasa and Ashtanga Yoga
- Practicing and teaching meditation and pranayama (breath work)
- Anatomy and physiology in relation to yoga asana
- History, philosophy, and the lifestyle of yoga
- The chakra system in relation to psychology
- Hands on assisting and adjusting
- Business, marketing and ethics of being a yoga teacher
- Introduction to prenatal and postnatal yoga
- Introduction to advanced asana
- Introduction to restorative yoga
Meet Our Teacher Trainers:
Madilyn McCarthy, E-RYT 500, P-RYT is the Director of Yoga Teacher Training! She is certified in Vinyasa and Kundalini Yoga with advanced studies in Ashtanga, Restorative, Prenatal, Meditation, Pranayama, Anatomy, and more. She is known for her light hearted laughter and intuitive connection with her students. Madilyn is a Pieces who enjoys long, spiritual discussions with her partner Kevin, traveling to experience culture and community, and cultivating open hearted connections.
Felicia Vijitchanton, E-RYT 200 is certified in vinyasa flow, yin yoga, and prenatal yoga. She focuses on alignment based practice and is recognized for her nurturing, angelic presence while holding space for you to explore creative, challenging poses. Felicia’s teaching has a swift playfulness that leaves you smiling and sweating. Felicia is a Taurus, a married Mama, enjoys cooking, and spending time outside with her two pups!
Patsy Springer, E-RYT 200 is certified in vinyasa flow yoga with am emphasis on powerful, playful sequences! She is known for her empowering, dreamy flows that make you sweat, smile, cry, and give thanks for the beautiful journey of life. Patsy is a Leo, a mama to lots of furry friends, is a friend to all, and enjoys tapping into her creative side while painting or at her boyfriend Chad’s concerts!
Christine, RYT 500, C-RYT is certified in hatha flow yoga, children’s yoga, and completed studies in Ashtanga, Restorative, Pranayama and more! Christine is known for her strong, creative flows that allow you to connect with your inner strength and power, before surrendering into a deeply spiritual and restorative state for healing. Christine is a Sagittarius, enjoys rock climbing, being outdoors, and celebrating the magical gift of life with her partner Steven!