Black Swan Theory by Nassim Taleb:
It is a surprise.
It has a major impact.
People contend that they expected the event to take place (in hindsight).
BLACK SWAN YOGA is a donation-based, 90-degree HEATED yoga studio. We are an approachable, affordable, and community-driven yoga studio. We honor all yogic styles, practices and philosophies. We believe yoga should be available to EVERYONE, which is why we offer classes BY DONATION (suggested $10-$20 donation by cash or credit card). No hidden fees. Just yoga. For everyone.
For regular yogis, we also offer a Membership option, ideal for those who want to do yoga two or more times per week. In line with our mission to be affordable and accessible, our value is pretty insanely good. Memberships are $88 per month. For that, you get:
- Unlimited yoga classes at all Black Swan studios in Houston, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, and Denver. Traveling to other major Texas cities? We got you too.
- NO MINIMUM contract length required! Your membership auto renews per month, with the freedom to can cancel anytime with 24 hours notice via email to email@example.com.
- 30% off all workshops
- 10% off all retail
Membership value comes out to less than $3 per day or less than $10 per class at 2x weekly practice with no strings attached, class availability all day long in most major Texas cities, as well as major discount perks!
Drop In, or Sign Up for MEMBERSHIP HERE.
A Note to Our Swans: We all know BSY studio classes get live. You now have THREE ways to do yoga with us!
1. In Studio. We have daily classes in the heated, socially-distanced, sanitized rooms at the Fannin studio in Midtown and Kirby studio in West U. Check out the daily class schedules for Fannin and Kirby. Sign up online or in person, and show up ready for a good time.
2. Outside. To promote safe gathering, we have temporarily moved our White Oak location outdoors. We have classes everyday under the pavilion at Raven Tower, 310 North St, Houston TX 77009, right down the street from our White Oak location in the Heights. Check out the Raven Tower classes, listed on the White Oak schedule page.
3. Online. Livestream classes are at 8 am, 12 pm, 6 pm most days. Check out the VIRTUAL FLOW classes, listed on the White Oak schedule, and do some yoga with us from the comfort of your home!
WHAT TO BRING?! Bring your yoga mat, a towel, a water bottle, and good attitude. If you don’t have or forget some of the basics, we have equipment in studio for rent and/or purchase.
- $8 Yoga Mat and Mat Towel Rental (Manduka Pro-Lite & Yogitoes)
- $5 Yoga Mat Rental (Manduka Pro-Lite)
- $3 Small Hand Towel (you keep it!)
- $1 Water Bottle
- $20 Yoga Mat for Purchase (Non-brand)
PLEASE arrive 15-20 min before class starts. To be respectful of other students’ practice, we have a strict 7 min late policy. We are not able to hold spots in class for online reservations or classpass once the class has begun, so please arrive early 🙂