This week’s pose of the week is Upavistha Konasana B – Seated Forward Fold.
I chose this pose because it’s super fun to practice and it’s a great combination of balance, flexibility and core strength! ??✔
Warm up with some strong lunging, strengthening poses, and forward folding to open the hamstrings and inner thighs. ?
How to Do the Seated Forward Fold
- Start seated. You can either grab the outside of your feet or take your big toes with your peace fingers.
- Sit up tall and start to straighten your legs, keeping them wide out to the either side. Kick your feet into your arms.
- At the same time, pull back on your feet and draw your shoulder blades towards each other creating a circuit of energy kicking into your hands, and pulling back on the feet.
- Keep your feet and legs active, and feel the kneecaps lift as you engage your thighs.
- Lift through the heart and create some space in the back by elongating all the way through the crown of your head.
- Take a deep breath! For the full expression of the pose, you could shift your drishti (gaze) up and slightly back, but avoid tossing the head back and crunching the neck! If you decide to shift your gaze, keep a sense of lifting and extending even as you tilt your head back.
Have fun, be safe and always listen to your body! ?☺️?✨
Come practice with me Monday nights at @bsywestgate for the 8:30 Flow! ?